Introducing.. My New Tank.. What do you think? I need some ideas please

I am new to AUSAQUA and i want to share with you, my new tank. I would LOVE comments and ideas on improving my NEW tank.. I am not happy with the look of it.. Plants etc.. let me know what you think

xox

OLD TANK..

YUCKO :welcome:

sdc10905y.jpg

NEW TANK DURING CLEANING PROCESS..

EEWWWWW.. DIRTY

sdc10911f.jpg

NEW TANK DURING ITS FISHLESS CYCLE- PLANTS NOW ADDED!

AWW PRETTY

sdc11004.jpg

Maybe try the bright green plant toward the back center remove light brown rock in middle and maybe add a smaller red like left rock to the right side and put a short bushier plant where light brown rock is or some java moss in patches/paths on bottom/

Howmanny gallons is the new tank will you be using the same fish what kinds?

The green broad leaf plant on the far right, that's not actually an aquatic plant. It's called Aluminum plant

http://www.foremostco.com/%5CITEM_IMAGES%5...m%20%283%29.JPG

it will survive submerged for a short time, but will die off quickly and if I remember correctly is toxic to fish if they eat it so I'd get that out ASAP if I were you. Get some Amazon Sword plants, I've had mine for over 2 years now and am surprised at how well they are doing, especially seeing as I don't fertilise, don't use CO2 and don't have a plant light on them at all. The past few months they've just had ambient light and are still going strong. Whenever I prune them they come back with a vengeance.

I love to see a tank with a lot of shiny fish personally. Such as tetra's and barbs. I also love panda and pepper cory's, bumblebee goby's and Harlequin rasbora's. Schooling fish always look lovely in groups with a few feature fish. When my tank was stocked I had neon tetras, harlequin rasboras, tiger barbs (be careful with these, they sometimes become aggressive towards some fish, keep them in larger schools so they'll keep the fighting amongst themselves). I also had peppered cory's, neon dwarf gourami's and guppys.

Make sure to post photo's when you are done! i'd love to see what you do with it. It's really a lovely tank

really? toxic. omg my local fish shop sold it to me.. She didnt seem to know too much about anything though.. Wow! I wont be going back there!! Does anyone has any idea of good places to go to in Brissy / Ipswich?

These people should actually know about these things..

Thanks all for your ideas. keep them coming :welcome:

Lots of otherwise good fish shops sell stuff out of ignorance. If the fish are healthy and of good quality, and the products are good and reasonably priced, you can still shop there. Just don't rely on their advice, and independently learn more about things before you buy them :welcome: