Betta Friendly

redfin538

Hi,

I am trying to compile a list of Betta safe plants based on the experience of people i know have used them and not what stores or vase-ers use i know about java fern and some of the other plants mentioned on this forum but what about philodendron cuttings and bamboo plants etc purchased in non pet/fish stores?

I currently have both plants rooted in water the philodendron from cuttings that i made myself and the bamboo from a dollar? store both plants appear to be healthy with active root systems.

Naturally ide prefer elodea or java moss but the local stores dont have any in stock the few plants i have seen well im not risking my 5 friends to them. i did purchase a package of hybrid Aponogeton bulbs ( funny they look more like tubers or something from a cat then bulbs) not sure how succesfull they will be. Fingers crossed in the frozen USA

Ahhh, you're in the US! I was about to offer to post you some suitable plants. Oh well. Good luck in getting the amswers you seek (I don't know the answer).

Could you put your location in your profile so people won't make rude assumptions that you're in Australia (like I did!)? :)

thanks add to my list a.m.b.u.l.i.a.

i found javafern/moss reall cheap on ebay but not sure if i should risk it quarintine not a problem i can always pick up something at dollar store to put it in. hmm all ebay ambulia is plastic. ok just googled it thats verry pretty!! ill see if i can track some down thank you

We actually dont have any fish pet stores in town and land wise its actually a big town/village. nearest pet store is about ten-fifteen minutes away ? Luckily the local Kinneys drugs sell the dry food that i use so when i finally run out i can get it there cheaper then the same exact food at the pet store too. WOW another surprise its actually made in USA most of our merchandise seems to come from china jappan or taiwan.

I did ask the girl working at the pet store why they didnt have any plants in and her excuse was its too cold!! Funny that the local florist has no problem getting in plenty of cut flowers and a lot of those come from south america and mexico.