3ft Tank.

hdp

Hi hdp

How large is you Oscar?

You will find that Oscars can grow up to 36cm long and fast,

they have been known to crack thin glass when the get stroppy.

I have 2 small albinos in a tank about the size of your.

I plan to move them into a larger home as they grow.

Currently I don't have one but from what I have read if I have any I will only have the one just not sure if the tank is big enough for one once he/she is grown, finances dictate no more tanks for a long while.

I feel th same way as Lili

the 2 Oscars I have are only about 4cm long in the body

I know that I will have to move them up to a bigger tank as they grow

and boy can these guys grow quick so I am planing the tank for them now

I feel sorry for Oscars on there own( just me anthropomorphizing) they are a smart fish and I feel that being

by then self must bore the fins of them

• 1 month later...

mine is now 34cm and a freak of nature.... had him since he was around the 4cm mark. all i can say is thank goodness for my 12mm glass panels. he is in a 4 by 20 by 20 tank and shares it with a pair of large silver dollars and a 6cm gold severum.. (was fish food but he fell in love)....

he is an aggro little sob and hates gold fish.... but loves there heads... lol....

iv had him for 2 years now and hand feed him mossie fish... he is such a lovable chap....

I have my fully grown albino boy in a 5 foot tank with a port acara, some pictus catfish a pearl horseface.

He really loves the room.

What are the exact dimensions of the tank?

If its really and I mean really wide you should be fine.

If its something like 120 litres than unfortunately I wouldn't recommend it, I've seen them in smaller but, they aren't happy and its really obvious.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

It's not big enough, and they grow really fast. A standard 4 footer is ok, 4x2x2 or bigger is good. You can get a really good second hand four foot tank & stand for about $100 around here, not a big investment compared to the rest of the equipment you're going to need, how much they will eat in 10+ years if you look after them properly.

Imagine what he's going to look like when he's almost half the length of the 3' tank...