Jules Fish pics :)

Jules

I thought i would put up a few pics of my current fish...

I only have a couple photos atm to add to this thread, but will be adding later :P

So here is the new tank. Still setting it up, so I will take some more pics of it as i do more to it ..

I'm going for an Asian theme ( have since put a bamboo decorative piece in it, but might not keep it in there, as there may be some problems with it. I'm monitoring it for a couple days )

I have red and black stones to add to it somehow yet..

One of the plants has gone brown at the base of it since i put it in the tank. The one at the front :)

DSC_5034a.jpg

My Chinese golden Loach

DSC_5146a.jpg

My Red male Betta :fun:

Fish_big.jpg

Red eyed Tetras

DSC_5019a.jpg

My Rosy Barb

DSC_5136a.jpg

One of my guppies, with my Betta in the foreground. Always wanting to be the centre of attention! hehe

DSC_5163a.jpg

I also have some neons and lemon Barbs.

Not all these fish are in the new tank yet.

Hi Jules. Are you going to be adding the tetras and the rosy barbs in with your betta? Barbs are nippers and are likely to bite at your bettas fins and your guppies. Not too sure about the head and tail lights either. Your golden sucker looks cute in his home.

Hi lpiasente :P

Yeah i know what you are saying, quite a few people have said the same to me ..

The Betta has been living with the neons and guppies (and loach), and there have been no issues yet..

I am going to give it a go, with the barbs, and if i have any problems with his fins being nipped, he can go back into my small tank..

I was hoping to keep the small tank set up as an emergency one if any of the fish get sick..

LOL at what you call the neons ! I have never heard of them being called that before hehe

I think you'll find the most problems will be with the guppy and betta. Most bettas mistake male guppys for other bettas as they have the flowing tail. I once put a betta into a guppy tank and he went nutso chasing, flaring and attacking the guppys but I also placed a fry into the guppy tank to grow out and low and behold he never attacked them. I think it's once the males have been separated that they get territorial but not if they are brought up from fry with the guppys!

Food for thought anyway and I love the tank. Are you using fertilisers for the plants? I take it that they are real not fake? The bulb in the light hood might not be suited to plant growth either so you might want to take a look at that. Reminds me I need to turn the fluoro on for the 2ft planted oops!!!

great pics i love your asian tank theme, keep us updated (with pics) as you add to it :rip:

Thank you ! I will :)

I had to end up taking the bamboo decoration out of the tank ( which you can't see in this pic), as it's been leaking resin/glue grrrr :(

Now I need to find something else to go with the theme..

I think you'll find the most problems will be with the guppy and betta. Most bettas mistake male guppys for other bettas as they have the flowing tail. I once put a betta into a guppy tank and he went nutso chasing, flaring and attacking the guppys but I also placed a fry into the guppy tank to grow out and low and behold he never attacked them. I think it's once the males have been separated that they get territorial but not if they are brought up from fry with the guppys!

Food for thought anyway and I love the tank. Are you using fertilisers for the plants? I take it that they are real not fake? The bulb in the light hood might not be suited to plant growth either so you might want to take a look at that. Reminds me I need to turn the fluoro on for the 2ft planted oops!!!

Hi F4U a010.gif

Thanks for comment/advice, I will keep a close eye on them all :rip:

Thank you also for the compliment of the tank ! :) ( the only thing I'm upset about a bit, is that i recently saw the next tank size up from mine advertised for only thirty dollars more ! ) AGHHHH! It always happens to me ! Grrr !! I was however lucky to get a heater, and some gravel chucked in with mine tho :(

Anyway I am still very happy with it ! :)

ATM I haven't got into any plant fertilizers ... I'm still deciding which way to go re ; live plants.. ot artificial .. I don't want anything too high maintenance .

Oh will have to look into the lights situation tho if i do get into plants then! .

(This is what is has atm )

AquaStyle 510 2 x 11W PL lamps, so would they need to be stronger than this?

• 2 weeks later...

I have finished stocking my new tank now ( i think or it may start getting over crowded)..

I have in there..

2 lemon barbs

1 rosy barb

2 red eyed tetras

3 male guppies

3 neons

2 bristlenose loaches

and as of today

3 cardinal tetras

3 bumblebee gobies

Archived