Hi From Adelaide - New Member needs help

Guest Baegis

Guest Baegis

Hi Everyone. I have had a pond for about 8 years. 2-3 thousand litres. It has been very stable and required minimum maintenance. Water clear and Goldfish breeding each year. Recently due to water restrictions in Adelaide I paved my back lawn and redid my pond from a natural setting to a formal rectangular pond. Half in the ground and half out using Boral Garden Blocks. It is fibreglassed and is 2.5mtres by 3metres by .8 metes deep. My 141 goldfish (average about 10cm, biggest 20cm) have eaten all my plants, I have replaced them once already and they have been eaten too. I feed them twice a day on floating little balls of fish food. Im now getting problems with Algae now that my plants have been decimated.

In my old pond I had lots of hair algae, lots of foxtail and lots of water lillies. Does anyone know where I can buy a few garbage bags of foxtail in Adelaide without breaking the bank? I would appreciate any responses. - Bill Shields

Hi Baegis, Welcome :)

Not sure where you can get that much around here. I know Fish Haven are moving and have 30% off most stock right now. They have some outdoor ponds full of plants and might be willing to part with some. You could give them a call to see if they have foxtail.

Jess

Guest Baegis

Hi Baegis, Welcome :)

Not sure where you can get that much around here. I know Fish Haven are moving and have 30% off most stock right now. They have some outdoor ponds full of plants and might be willing to part with some. You could give them a call to see if they have foxtail.

Jess

Thanks for your reply Jess. I have already purchased some from them but they charge $6 for about 250 grams, which is quite expensive. I would like to buy about 5 Kilos or more.

I was hoping if some one knew someone who had a farm with ponds on it that I could extract the foxtail cheap.

Regards

Baegis

Archived