Handing Baby Guppies

matTaku

I've got some baby guppies in a small tank and i want to clean out the tank but i dont know how to get the baby guppies out so i was wondering if it was safe to use a net on baby guppies (5 days old now)?? if not is there any other way?

Sure is safe. No other way I know of to move them. You're gonna have a lot of fun trying to catch them though lol. you could always just take all the ornaments out and then just tip the water into another container (once most of it is siphoned out and make sure you look for babies in the siphoned water) then sort through that with a net.

I've got some baby guppies in a small tank and i want to clean out the tank but i dont know how to get the baby guppies out so i was wondering if it was safe to use a net on baby guppies (5 days old now)?? if not is there any other way?

I simply catch my guppy fry with a net of fine mesh and put them into my open containers which are suspended and partly submerged in my main tank. That way the water temperature is controlled.

I have 90 - 100 babies at the moment. 75 - 80 are from 1 fish which has had 2 births over about 3 weeks. This fiish is like a machine.

I've been feeding them the powder and micro worms that I got from Casi. Haven't lost one fish so I must be doing something right.

What's wrong with the tank that requires you to clean it out? If you're just doing a water change and cleaning some of the ornaments the fry should be able to stay in there. Be careful of getting the tank so clean that it needs to start its biological cycle all over again.

B/azzi is right ....I just do daily water changes of about 1/3 to 1/2 ...I dont have the patience to be netting the little buggers .

Plus I dont think it does the slime coat much good to be netting them too often.

Mine dont see a net until its time to separate the boys from the girls and thats frustrating enough.

Archived