400lp/h otto filter problem

divy

hi all i just got a otto 400lp/h internal filter to run my drip system for my glass barracks and the 400lp/h is just too powerful and i cant take it back and get the 200lp/h because i bought it off the net

im using air pump tube (line) to bring the water from the tube connected to the filter to the front compartments and was wndering can i put airline valves to slow down the current or will this damage the filter??

or is there anything else i can do???

any help is very much apprecited

cheers

steven

I f you purchased the filter from an on line shop then they will more than likely do an exchange , only thing is your out of pocket for postage.

Ive returned items to on line aquariums shops without any problems.

Of course if it was a private sale then that changes things.

Try emailing the seller and asking them about a swap or if they can suggest alternative ways of reducing the power of the filter.

does anyone have the fluval 1 or 2 by anychance???

i think i might by the fluval 1 internal filter to run the drip system but it says its for 45litre tank and mines 65litre

and im just worried that the filter sponge wont be big enough to filter the water (65litres 6 beetas in tank)

do you think it will be ok??

does anyone know the diamentions of these filters??

Divy Im running an aqua one filter which is exactly the same as the fluval only cheaper. It has the dual sponges and the amount of water filtered per hour is exactly the same.

Im running it in a 65 litre . It certainly pushes the water around but not so much that the fish struggle in the current or the plants cant grow upright.

I think its the 102 which is the same as fluval 2 model and it pumps 500 litres per hour.

It comes with spray bar and venturi doodads.

Hope this helps.

yeah it does thanks jusdeb, i just bought the fluval 1 200lp/h on the net and i also just found out The measurements are : 13cm long x 6cm deep x 4cm wide so thats why i was a lil confused about buying cause i think the sponge size wont be big enough but i bought it anyway and threw the otto one in the draw with the rest of the unused fish stuff lol

Steven, all you need to do is create an extra outlet that acts as a release for the extra pressure. So you put valves on the tubes that are returning water to the compartments and adjust these valves so it's at the strength that you're happy with and the rest of the water goes through the release outlet.

I have a fluval 2 internal & it does 400 l/ph ,i like it because it has a clogging indicator so i know when to clean it.

Had it for about 18months & its still working fine & quiet.

Got it from the Pet barn when it was onsale for $20.00 .

Cheers

Archived