bore water?

Celeste84

i was just wondering how well bettas would fare in bore water? ours is drinkable (i wouldn't dare to though, germs and all) and i was thinking the calcium and minerals might help the fish keep healthy. we have daphnia and tadpoles living in bore water outside in the trough, so would it be OK for fishies?? and how would it affect a heater?

i was really considering this more for the fry and juvies than the actual adults (although the CT males might appreciate it as well).

has anyone had experience using bore water??

Dubbo water is 7/8 bore water and 1/8 river water , at first I used to worry as the PH was always off the charts and I would always try to lower the PH which made things worse , My bettas always had split fins so I was always worried about finrot .

Ive stopped playing with it now for a couple of months and theres no more fin splitting and and they seem to have just gotten used to the high PH.

So IME although somewhat short bore water has had no ill effect on my fighters.

thanks deb!

well i tried using some aged bore water (with IAL and prime, since i always use them anyways). i used 1L of bore water and 9L of tap water with my copper fry (snail died, needed 100% water change anyways). i now have 3 survivors out of 30 :) guess our bore water isn't good for the fish even after it's been aged, treated and diluted!

Holy crap ..that must be some super strength bore water.....1 part bore to 9 parts tap...somethings not right like I said I use 7 parts bore 1 part river water and have no problems..

Anyway hope your not blaming me for your loss ( which is a shame ) as I was only telling of my experience with bore water

oh no no no no no! not blaming you at all deb!! just letting you know how it went :o

the water's coming from 100 feet under i think (either that or 100 meters under?), so it's probably so chocablock full of minerals it caused the fry to go into shock :o that and geographically speaking the local tip is pretty close (not so close physically) - so it could have been something in the water. just glad i didn't use it on the adults LOL

Archived