Ambulia

Beano

Nice plant! Are you referring to those fish in the photo as guppies? or you just getting some guppies? Because if you want the fish in the photo you will have to ask for some forktail blue-eyes, a very nice fish but not a guppie... its an Australia native!

Im with you on the guppies, i wouldnt mind getting some real endlers live bearers.

Theres an online site (In australia) where you can get true male endlers livebearers, no mention of females though for that matter they also call em endler guppies, but the picture is of a true endlers livebearer.... Not sure if we're allowed to post the web addys though...

I used to like guppies, ended up giving up on them though, theres too much inbreeding in the pet store strains, they susceptible to everything that comes through, and i never managed to find a breeder in the area. Good luck with your guppies though.

Emma

The little fish makes me want guppies, I thought it was an endler - either way whatever it is, it's pretty. The plant just looks like it would look good with guppies, that's why I suddenly want some.... and that plant...

Anyway, I'm still sitting here on the couch sweating watching Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix which I bought yesterday. As soon as it's over i need to clean the house, including all the fish tanks, possibly jar up the giant babies to see if they grow faster...

ambulia is a nice plant but you must be sure that it isnt in direct line with your filter. i had it for a while until it got up rooted by my fish and the filter hammered it sensless causeing all of the leaves to break off and make a huge mess.

it grows like mad and if in the right water conditions you will be trimming and replanting every 2 weeks or so.

dont get me wrong its a good plant in the right set up its just that ive had a few bad experiences with it.... hints: keep it away from direct currents.

make sure its planted well into the substrate.

goes well in slightly acidic waters to neutral.

has reasonable lighting

hope it works for you.

and i hope ive helped.

Hey Beano,

Ive just recently got a native species of ambula from www.aquagreen.com.au - Limnophila australis 'Moyla River' and it is very very beautiful and much much nicer than the regular pet shop one. Nice big bunches are supplied aswell which is always good :D

Archived