Need help with a rather silly problem

when I set my account up I got the system to remember my details. Which up until now has been great but now it's a problem.

I got a new laptop yesterday and slowly shifting things over and keeping the desktop as a back up. Since the system has done such a great job at remembering my details I have no idea what my password is. Any chance someone can PM it to me so I can set the laptop up with the log in info?

Thanks and sorry for the bother :balloons:

LOL!! I try to keep the number of different passwords down to about 4 so that if I forget I can just cycle through them. But when you go to the log in page there is a link that you can click if you've forgotten your password. I haven't had to use it but I presume it will email your password to you or give you the opportunity to set a new one. Actually for that matter if you go into 'My Controls' you can probably change your password there. Hmm.... it might ask for the old one though. Try the first method.

when you go to log in, there is a red box that says

Attention!

You must already have registered for an account before you can log in.

If you do not have an account, you may register by clicking the 'register' link near the top of the screen

I've forgotten my password! Click here!

If you click on the link it will send you a new password to your email account. You can then log in with the new password and change it to something you will remember better.

Just did that. We had a new password set for my email which was in a similar situation. Of course right now I have my email client on on my laptop and shut down the one on my computer to stop it going to both lol. One of the hassled of getting a new computer but hopefully it'll be another 3yrs before this one needs replacing :balloons:

Archived