HMPK

jusdeb

:thumbs: Im curious to know the difference between half moons and half moon plakats ...In photos the plakats seem to be stockier in the body but Im not sure if this is real or because the shorter tail makes it seem this way........Are they similar in size to halfmoons???? Are they similar in temperament ???Are their needs the same???? They are a lovely fish to look at so how come they are cheaper than the HMs and CTs????? :drool: ....Thanx .... :)

I'd have to drag out the standards, but I think the body size should be similar. Plakats do tend to be a bit stocky, but at the same time, some HMs (especially RTs) tend on the small side too. Temperament varies, they aren't any more aggressive, but do to the less cumbersome tail, they can be a bit more active, though even that is a big generalisation as there are plenty of up-and-attem HMs around.

I think HMPKs are easier to look after as there isn't quite as much need for lots of exercise to keep them able to hold their tails. You also have less restriction on what you can keep them with (if you want to do that) as they don't look so slow and tasty :thumbs:

Archived