terracotta pots

jusdeb

Hi. I found an online store that sells terracotta pots in all shapes and thought my betta might like one to hide in..So Im wondering if the pots will have any effect on the water and if they might mess up the fins in any way ..(the seller calls them breeding pots)he also has quite a few silk plants starting at about $2.75 for an 8" plant which is way cheaper than Ive paid for them in LFS.

if you're worried about the drainage holes on the bottom of the pot, fill them with sponge or something so that the betta doesn't get thru, cause like someone said, they WILL get thru and stuck. Many ppl on here have come home to find their betta stuck in a terracotta pot. And as long as you scrub and rinse it really well then it shouldn't effect your water at all. and they do make excellent hidey holes for all types of fish

I just ordered a couple of them and from what I can see there are no holes as thay are made for aquariums..but if there are any Ill certainly block them ...it would be just my luck that one of mine would get there heads stuck

Archived