Pictures of the girls

horse_gambler

here is some pictures of my girls and george of course can't leave him out.

This one is all pale there are two small lines of red on her one on her lower fin(not sure what it is called) and one on her tail fin

IM000189.jpg

This one is my shy purply blue with red fins, she is hard to get pictures of as she likes to hide

IM000199.jpg

This one is pale with red and blue fins blues closest to the body then red on the outside

IM000201.jpg

This one is Purply blue body with blue and red fins red near the body blue to the outside She is the boss in the tank

IM000173.jpg

This is a picture of the pale with red fins and the Purply blue with blue fins

IM000204.jpg

Nothing wrong with just looking at them. They'll probably survive a lot longer if you didn't try and spawn them. I certainly seem to be killing fish left, right and centre, in my failed spawning attempts. Actually even in the successful ones, I haven't had both parents survive. Sometimes the female survives, sometimes neither.

• 2 weeks later...

So the Girl in the first picture has decided to keep adding some red to her fins, I'm taking it that she was just really young and is just now starting to color. The Cream bodied with red fins is starting to add some blue to her fins by her body. George is getting grey looking around his head but I'm guessing thats old age.

hehe george seems like he hasnt moved from that position since the last time we saw him haha.

yep id definately look for an orange spot male for the first girl if you wanted to spawn them.

i dunno about grey looking being old age, you should take some pics and make a post in the clinic just to be safe.

Depending on what spawning method you use a 5 gallon tank should be plenty big enough. You don't want to use George's tank. He'll need to go back in there at some point. Also I wouldn't get my heart set on spawning a 5 year old male. My suggestion is that you get another 5 gallon if you want to attempt spawning.

I was thinking for the future I don't think George is going to be with me much longer. now I just have to decide if I'll get another male or not, as I need the space his tank is in for my stereo as I moved it for the girls lol. But I might be able to moves some stuff around to get it to fit.

What do you need a stereo for? You've got the musical bubbling of your fish tanks. Here's what I think you should do. Get two more fish tanks. Place them in such a way so that you can get your head in between. Adjust the bubbling in the tanks so one is a little faster than the other. This will give you two different pitches. There you have it. Perfect harmony. Stick your head in between them and you've got stereophonic sound. Ahh.... :)

Archived