Anyone Ever Kept These?

Leela

My LFS got a shipment of these little fellas in this week - Brazilian Freshwater Sole (or Flounder).

Apparently they are similar to the Australian freshwater type, but only grow to 10cm max.

Posted Image

Has anyone ever kept these with success? After reseaching I find they like brackish water and have a short life span, but I would like to know whether they are aggressive to other fish, like bristlenose??

They're pretty cool looking! All the ones in the shop were sticking to the tank sides :scared: amazing!!!

Leela Not the Bazillian one only the N.T. freshwater ones. Yes they like the water a little bit brackish. They were kept pretty much by themselves with only a few rainbows in the tank so not sure about bristlenose? Fed a mixture of live food in the form of black worms, brine shrimp, white shrimp and meal worms along with frozen and pellet foods. Hope this helps Graeme :scared:

Yes Peter at Pet City. THat place gets all kinds of weird and rare fishes. I'm still wondering how I'm going to walk out of there with the Zebra pleco without anyone noticing.... :lol::) Graeme - thanks heaps for the info! So do they readily take frozen foods, like frozen bloodworm, brine shrimp etc? Can they be kept happily with other brackish water fish? Or do they like to 'midnight snack'? Cheers :lol:

Archived