My Baby Boy

Celeste84

this little guy is from the very first spawn i ever attempted, i recently lost his dad (lil' pete is almost an identicle image of his dad with the exception of being SD not HM) and now i'm so cranky i promised him to my best friend because i love him so much :-/

Posted Image

Posted Image

this was his dad:

at 4 months old

Posted Image

fully grown

piccy

I'd go with one of Nick's dragons or buy a HM F. I think you'd have some trouble selling a CT/HM cross. Great form in that father btw - nice wedge-shaped anal fin. If you had a HM line with less-good form I'd be more inclined to consider a CT HM cross (if it's what you really want to do, although my Virgoness opposition to it is hard to overcome :)) but why dilute a HM line with such great form by introducing an unpredictable variable like CT?

i was only considering the CT girl cause she's cambo and so is he LOL (cambo ext. red) but yeah i decided to see if one of the dragons nick sent me was a girl (in doubt now because it's flaring like crazy at the other little dragon :);; ) and if that failed buy a good HM girl to go with him :) i may like combtails a lot, but they don't really look good in fish with such high density of ray endings. if it was a 4 ray HM line then maybe, but he'd just produce babies that look like the end of the tails were ripped :)

nick sent me a male and female juvie teal as well as a pair of juvie red dragons :) one is most definitly a little guy, but the other had me confused as it's the right body shape for a little girl, but was chasing and flaring at the male LOL it was really nice of nick to send me such nice juvies for nothing :( he's a great guy :lol:

he certainly is! And he is an amazing cook. The worst and best thing about the dragons is how they are SO metallic that you can't see the ovary inside them. It makes picking females almost impossible - but it's great for the strain's development :). One of the golds I selected as a possible female ended up being a gorgeous gold pk boy. But that's fine, I certainly grabbed enough girls to keep me busy :lol:.

looks like a girl, but impossible to say from that angle. have you tried shining a torch from behind and seeing if a silhouette of eggs can be made out? That's the only way I could sex the girls I got from nick (the boy's scalation was too dense even for that). what a nice sharp tail she seems to have!

LOL i've been trying, but the little bugger won't hold still for even a minute :lol:;; s/he looks identicle to my girls of the same size, but she just doesn't act like a girl LOL and yeah, she has really nice fins, i've got lots of hope for her (if it is a her) and once i get fry i'm giving nick a bunch if he wants them :lol:

Archived