Ct Male/females

jax

How old are they? The second one looks male-ish, but they both do look like females to me. How do they flare? do they display side-on and move their ventrals back and forth? If they do they could be male. Keep them in view of both sexes and see whether they ever form an egg-patch (ovaries) behind the belly. Since they are lightbodied you should see it as an elongated, rounded triangle laying on its side. Were these from CT/PK?

Do either of them have ovipositors? Can't see any in the photos which makes them both look like males to me. More so the second one with the longer ventrals, but if I was to take a punt on going how they both look in the pics I would say two males.

I can see the smallest dot of an ovipositor on both of them. But an ovipositor isn't always a fool-proof way of determining betta gender since males can also have an "egg-spot." Which is why I rely on visible ovaries. In males the "egg-spot" is probably just a more prominant male reproductive vent rather than an ovipositor (so called because eggs are layed via this opening), in which case it should be called a "milt-spot" :cheer:

I don't know Jackie (but they look kind of familiar ... did you breed these ones? Well done :cheer: ). When you shine a torch on them, can you see their ovaries? That's the only way I could sex some of my pastel CTs, about a year back.

Archived