Hi! A new small betta breeder :)

Kendall

Greetings! My name is Kendall, but I also go by the name of KekesBettas. Anyways, I wanted to introduce myself as I just joined this forum. I am a small-scale betta breeder who has not had much luck yet. I have been trying to breed for the past year, but have had 2 breeding females and 1 male pass away, another get scammed, and yet another delayed for over 2 months! Needless to say, I have finally found the perfect pair and have been conditioning them with blackworms for the past 2 weeks. I hope to put them together on Saturday. Any tips for a new betta breeder? Thank you!

Hey Kendall!  Welcome to the forum :) Good to hear you are conditioning up your pair to make sure they are in best form for breeding.  Have you sorted out foods for the fry once they hatch?  Everything can happen so quickly, before you know it you have fry that need food!  I highly recommend feeding live foods to your fry (Vinegar Eels, Baby Brine Shrimp).  There is plenty of info on here about breeding, have a look around and if you have any questions, we are more than happy to answer.

Hi Kendall. Welcome. Here’s a tip for you. Put the pair together early in the morning. By early I mean within 2 hours after sunrise. Add enough cool water to the tank to drop the temperature by 2 degrees Celsius. Often this will trigger the pay to spawn within a couple of hours. By often I mean not always. 😛 But often enough to give it a go.