Betta Mama

Dan

Hello! 

I live in Brisbane with my Betta, Jerome, cat Opal and dog Bounder. 

I also have a husband who is reasonably more self-sufficient 😂 unless he needs to find something...

I'm here because Jerome looked like he had a tumour and he was a little rusty under his chin? 🤔 

I'm on my 2nd dose of Multi Cure and whilst his tank is nice and green his tumour hasn't popped?  Like I was hoping and he's still a bit rusty. I'm not even sure that rust wasn't there when I got him. 

I'm not an expert, I've Googled a lot. 

He lives in a 20L tank with a mussel called Mike and some amazon swords, java ferns and anubias. Currently he's living in darkness with his tank at a refreshing 32 degrees celcius. He has a powkoo filter which is giving some aeration. 

He's lively and eating fine. So I'm here to copy and paste this onto the correct thread when I'm approved (if I'm approved)  😂

Thanks, 

Dan(ielle) 

Jerome below ❤️

IMG_20200220_184429.jpg

IMG_20200220_184435.jpg

IMG_20200220_184427.jpg

IMG_20200220_184440.jpg

Edited by Dan
Added piccies

Hi Dan. Welcome. Those tumours are common on metallic bettas. I’ve not had much luck curing them however I’ve had bettas live quite a while with similar tumours. I can’t see the rust you’re referring to. Velvet has a rusty appearance. If it is velvet then treat with half teaspoon salt per 10 litres of water, turn off the lights and cover the tank to block out light. 

Thank you. I've been told that he may live for some time with it but it's growing pretty quickly, so I'm not sure how much time I have left with Jerome. 

I've stopped treating him for velvet and I'm just going to let him live for the moment 😔💕

IMG_20200225_171407.jpg