WARNING: Paypal fraud emails are circulating

Billphil

Warning to all those using paypal

There is an email circulating which alleges to come from paypal which wants you to attach to a link. It is fraudulent and should be deleted immediately without attaching to any link. I double checked with the Paypal help desk even though I had great suspicions from the start.

Just advice to anyone who might receive such emails

Also, if you hover over the 'links' in the email with your mouse, you will see that they don't actually lead to paypal at all.

It's like how anytime they ask for login details they are a scam.

They have gotten a lot slicker nowadays and some look very official. I can see how in some instances people fall for them as they do appear to be from sites such as Paypal, Ebay etc.

For anyone concerned about this type of fraud never go to any site by a link sent in an email, type the web address of the legitimate company into the browser bar and this kind of phishing scam will be avoided.

It is quiet easy to forget and just click on a link when the email is of a high standard and misleads you into believing they are who they claim to be.

Also places such as banks will never contact you asking you to prove who you are, they know who you are and it is only once you have contacted them they will ask for that information to establish you are who you say you are.

Hope this helps anyone not savvy with these kinds of scams.