My Versatile Betta

Xsilver368

I have a 95L litre community tank in my lounge with a plakat male betta in there, he is so peaceful he lives with guppies, mollys, endlers, a dwarf gourami and 3 upside down catfish, he breaks up the mollies when they have a tiff he doesn't like fighting in his tank,gets on with everyone. He was on his own for a while but sooked so he went back in and he loves it! Does anyone else have a versatile or peaceful betta?

Back in the 90's when I had a large community tank I had a male VT that lived peacefully with gouramis, angels, neons, zebra danios, swordfish and a solitary empire gudgeon. I bought him at a petshop as a female and within a couple of weeks he started to sprout. He wasn't aggressive at all and lived peacefully for a couple of years before he eventually died of age. I had a 2ft rock as a centrepiece of the scape that had a cave at the bottom. That was his spot when he wanted a nap or some alone time. Most of the time though, he would spend his time investigating what the other fish were up to and break up squabbles between his tankmates. After he died, I tried replacing him but the betta I chose was too aggressive and had to be housed separately.

I had a male in with microrasbora, celestial peal danios, skull creek rainbows, about a million blue-eyes, a couple of killifish and he did great up until his death about a month ago. His tail got nipped a bit but he didn't seem to mind and spent most of his time zipping around the big 100 odd litre tank.

Only thing he did was try and eat my male clown killifish when I first put them in, but after that he didn't bother them at all.

It's nice when you can have more than one betta in a tank and everyone is happy.