Hello Everyone

Milamber

Hello Everyone!

My name is Jason. I recently became interested in guppies (2months ago) and i'm looking for a place to collect and share information. I currently have 3 tanks with a 4th waiting to be set up. I have a 30cm x 30cm x 30cm which is currently empty waiting for my females to move into their new home. I have a 75cm x 38cm x 30cm which has my male guppy's, a mating pair of golden apple snails, 4 bristlenose catfish ( hopefully 1 male 3 female :D they are dark brown ones not peppermint though) and a fresh batch of guppy fry in a breeding "pen" waiting to be shifted to a more suitable tank. The third tank is 38cm x 26cm x 30cm I use this tank for guppy fry up to 6 weeks old, it already has around 40-50 fry in it that are old enough to join the community males and separate females. And the 4th is 120cm long and im not to sure of the other measurements as its waiting to be set up.

Hope i get approval :P

Welcome Jason! Quite a few of the betta freaks on here are also avid guppy fanatics. LOL. Everybody here is pretty nice, so kick back and enjoy.

Sounds like you are planning some fairly intensive guppy breeding programs. Any particular goals in mind?

Thanks for the welcomes, I think when I posted it was the wrong place so thanks whoever corrected my mistake :P

Sounds like you are planning some fairly intensive guppy breeding programs. Any particular goals in mind?

Nothing too intense just yet Paul, as i am fairly new to the aquarium scene i am just trying to be fully prepared with separate tanks for controlled breeding. I am still trying to find "my colour" of guppies, but i have a cobra snakeskin, also a sunset guppy, a full red bodied male with a patch of grey at his belly, and a yellow one the same. I'll try to post some pictures of babies and males. My fry are just hitting 6 weeks this Sunday.

I'll be watching you lead by example with the Guppies.

Haha I'll be happy to help but I'm sure you have more experience with fish than i do!

Where did you order your guppies from? I have been meaning to visit Fish Chick's shop, Can't wait!