Snails Snails, and MORE Snails

Robbies Betta

Almost 3 weeks ago, I had about 5 or 6 clutches of snail eggs hanging on the sides and top of one of my growouts. Well they hatched, and now I have over 250 2 1/2 week old snails :D :D

This is the first time I've ever had any hatch. one pair is a yellow apple snail x brown apple snail. And the other pair are a pair of brown apple snail. They are the cutest lil things right now (mum's a bit grossed out by soo many snails tho *lol* ) and once they're bigger or I start shipping fish, I'll be more than happy to send a cple away to :lol:

Well here's a pic of daddy snail and sum of his babies. He is HUGE, his shell is bout 5-7cm big

Posted Image

It must be the season for it. We have also had half dozen clutches hatch in the last couple of weeks. *lol* Make sure you feed them well. With that many in one tank it will start to be a bit of a fight for food. We feed ours zucchini that we tie to a rock with a rubberband. you will also find that most fish also love to pick at the zucchini, so its a good thing all round. Najina

Archived