Amazed

les

There are times in your life that you meet people that realy have a profound affect on you. It seems when you are young this can happen more offten but as you grow it dosnt seem to come around as often, maby this is due to triels and tribulations that makes us a little wary as we pay our dues. I in my fifty years have had three people who have had this effect on me.

When I left schoole and started work at fifteen I worked with a man named Ray aiken, he had served in the second world war as a forward observer in Temore and then later after the war had become a schoole teacher and then headmaster. after retierment he hed ownership in a nusery and thats when I met him he had a very big influence on my life even when it went realy pairshapedand even though he has passed on he still does.

The second persone was my warrent officer at SASR Ben Watson I have never met a man that could I could sit in his presence and not have to uter a word. He made me work so far outside my comfort zone but knew exactley how far I could streach.

They both feel like a life time ago but today I was so suprised to find at my age a person who I stand in awe of. and now that you have waded through my emotions this is what I found. I recently joined Killie australia web site and one of the members in my state is a guy called Ken, We chattered about Killies and he was free with info about his stock and ifo he had. I hinted that it would be great to catch up and talke of Killie as I was only new to the species and wasinvited to see his collection. I must say I wasnt prepared for the sensory overload iI was to encounter. Not only does Ken keep a collection of Killie many would kill for he also has a garden that holds most of my favouret plants, along with this he has the most ammazing collection of ANGFA fish I have ever seen he actualy started ANGFA hear in WA.

Today I was truly moved by another human being seeing this mans pasion for species most would overlook but mostly his precence I havent felt this way in so long I just had to post.

So what am I saying Open up your fish rooms and share your knoledge with people ask questions and you may meetg people that have a profound effect on you.

Cheers

Les

I have had the amazing opportunity 18 months ago to meet one such person, she has had a profound affect on me and helped me through many great problems in my life. She has helped me immensely and I owe her so much.

I also love seeing others fish rooms but unfortunately some of the people with the most amazing collections don't show because of the increasing amount of people who have fish and high grade shrimp stolen. It is disgusting that a minority ruins it for the rest of us.

Les, I completely understand what you are saying. There has also been 3 people in my 43 years that have had a profound effect on my life. The first is a life long friend who has now passed, he was a Vietnam vetran who did 4 tours of duty ( less said the better) . The 2nd was a man that introduced me to birds. He inspired me so much that at 1 point I had 28 aviaries and over 200 birds. The last and most important is my wife because without her I would not have survived. She lets me have my whims and passions. So I tip my hat to her and say thank you. We should always remember those who inspire us because without them we would not achieve

Hey Serkan

Ken invited me to the next ANGFA meeting, he said that during the coffe break all they talk about is Killiefish so I plan on going he has got a lot of people from ANGFA in to Killies. After seeing his fish room I realy want to get one started myself and the way he put his together it seems doable and the wife can have both cars back in the garage so she likes the idea as well

Cheers

Les

There is another killifish keeper in WA (not Perth) that is a fountain of knowledge and an awesome guy to booth. His name is Keith (I think his name on the forum was 'handy') I bet Ken knows him.

You can fit a lot of killie tanks into a small space. I am in the process of setting up 4 stands like this:

IMG_2249-1-1.jpg

Each tank is 20 litres.

If enough people around Australia get interested in killies we might have to get organised a little bit more. :dance:

Hey Serkan

Yes I think Ken metioned him if he is the guy up Carnarvon / Geraldton way. You have such a great set up I am getting some glass to make up tanks like Ken has for Killies. They are slightly wider than High and long put side by side on a shelve and you can keep quite a few Killies. I realy like the way you have your tanks set up it makes such a diference when they are easly accesable and you can enjoy them I sepnd a lot of time with my tanks (FISH). I am planning on visiting Ken again soon as I said I would give him more Riccia the Normanii like it. he also needs duck weed as his rainbows devour it by the tone.

Cheers

Les