Shipping of live Killiefish

les

I was hoping for some information on the shipping of live Killiefish. I know some fish dont handle shipping that well but how do killie handel it and is there any special way of shipping them?

Cheers

Les

Hi Les,

I find killifish when packed well do quite well in transit. Recently I shipped killifish pairs to QLD (Gold Coast and Brisbane), SA (Adelaide), VIC (Melbourne) and NSW (Broken Hill 2day travel even with express due to being regional and Sydney) in all cases the fish were there in good shape. Only one species from reports showed shipping stress upon opening the box. But they were OK. A few of the people who received the fish are on this forum and can comment on the receiving killifish side of things.

I only lost a few killifish in transit once due to my stupidity. I had shipped 20+ 1cm fry to QLD and forgot to sign the air safety part and the fish travelled by road and took over 4 days. There were 4 or 5 fry DOA, though others in the same bag were OK. I usually do not recommend shipping fry anyway. We were just spreading a species around at that time.

I have received killifish from Geelong and they were all in tip top shape.

Edited by KillieOrCory