Trying for hobbyist to breeder - Brissy

wetnoses

Hi Everyone

I am fairly new to fish, only a few months but in that time I have become obsessed. My partner and I went from 1 tank to about 30 (or more if you count jars and plastic tubs!) and I have always had a betta in my life but have just recently been trying to breed as well.

I have had two successful (well we'll find out if the second was successful when I get home) spawning and hatchings. Still working out all the kinks and this forum will be a lifesaver I expect!

Live in Brisbane and would be very keen to get in contact with other Betta enthusiasts or breeders here, buy some fish from you, just learn some ropes.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

My purple grizzled that have laid eggs, just waiting for the little hatchlings to pop out! He's a GREAT dad, very obsessed with his nest, a HUGE nest. :applaud:

DSC00859.jpg

DSC00868.jpg

Daddy being very diligent!

http://s1056.photobucket.com/albums/t376/wetnoses85/?action=view&current=20120301075349.mp4

Talk to you all later!

Hey there wetnoses! Welcome to the forum. Always great to meet another local betta breeder/enthusiast :D

That is a beautiful pair you have - especially the female. I really love her colouring, it reminds me of a female that I raised in one of my spawns...

You might be interested in our local Brissy club, Betta Australis

We are a group of Betta (and other fish types) keepers and breeders who get together once a month to talk and learn about all things Betta... We even get to have an after hours shopping spree in LFS - what more could you want *lol* Our next meeting is March 20th. Keep an eye on the forum in the coming week or two for an announcement.

Hey there wetnoses! Welcome to the forum. Always great to meet another local betta breeder/enthusiast :D

That is a beautiful pair you have - especially the female. I really love her colouring, it reminds me of a female that I raised in one of my spawns...

You might be interested in our local Brissy club, Betta Australis

We are a group of Betta (and other fish types) keepers and breeders who get together once a month to talk and learn about all things Betta... We even get to have an after hours shopping spree in LFS - what more could you want *lol* Our next meeting is March 20th. Keep an eye on the forum in the coming week or two for an announcement.

Thanks shadoh!! That will be amazing, I'll have to check out when the next meeting is. The female is gorgeous she was a big part of the decision to get the pair.

I did get them from fishchicks but never found out who the breeder was. Thanks for the welcome...so excited to have some contacts in Brisbane!

• 2 weeks later...

hey, welcome. i'm new here myself. Shadoh is an awesome guy i met on another forum, could learn alot from him ;) I dont currently have any betta atm unfortunately but gettin back into it now after a yr break :)If you run into any trouble im sure myself or other member on the forum, who are very experienced too from what i've read, would be able to answer them. Enjoy :)