New Tank scaped

les

Well I have been wanting to scape a tank for some Macs I am saving for so I thought if i scape a tank now it will be realy good for when I eventualy get them and it gives me incentive to save. I put the soil in then the wood and filled half way, then I planted it up and left it for two days, I then emptied all the water out and refilled it and left it for two days with a seeded filter running and the lights on for 10 hrs a day did a water check which was ok. I placed in about therty cherries and they are running a muck with the wood and every thing I wanted to put in fresh water mussels but it cant be done with the ADA soil or NPT as they bury them selfs and move around a lot in the subsraight.

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

Cheers

Les

Thanks guys

I had to take out a whole heep of foxtail today as it was taking over the surface also took out half the water sprite and left the Ricia in as it is booming. The red lotus that is at the back of the tank has decided to send out another plant so I will start growing that off shoot in the glass house. I will be putting the CO2 on to this tank very soon Just got to get to the brew shop to pick up the bottle (of CO2 that is LOL)

The shrimp are looking good but I want to go and get some more from a FS so they have a bit of genetic diversity.

Cheers

Les

PS Ness the wood is Melaluca like what you have

Edited by les