Hi from Central Victoria!

bella_jimmyd

Hi Everyone :)

My name is Alison, and i'm from Central Victoria.

I've always loved fish and have over the years had many different tanks and cold water / tropical fish. At the moment I have only one very small bowl with a Siamese fighting fish called Lafayette (colourful like the character from True Blood!)... but all this is about to change!!

My husband and I are just about to embark on the huge task of landscaping our yard (we're on 5 acres), and I have decided we are going to have a very large above ground fish pond. It will measure 4 metres by 2 metres!!! The idea is that it will have a bench seat all the way around it so that you can go and sit on the edge and watch the fish swimming around. We are having difficulty sourcing the fibreglass shell at the moment, but I am hopeful of some good news from a custom guy in the next day or two :)

I would love nothing more than to have some beautiful Koi swimming around, but thanks to the Victorian government I cant :( Soooooooo disappointing!!

I hope some of you will follow my journey on creating my pond, and give me any advise/previous experience you have along the way.

Thanks for reading :)

Alison

My husband and I are just about to embark on the huge task of landscaping our yard (we're on 5 acres), and I have decided we are going to have a very large above ground fish pond. It will measure 4 metres by 2 metres!!! The idea is that it will have a bench seat all the way around it so that you can go and sit on the edge and watch the fish swimming around.

I am jealous. I have this half-dream to one day to retire somewhere in rural Victoria on a reasonably large piece of property where I can have pretty much chickens, ducks goats, sheep and fish of course.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! :)

I will happily keep you all informed of the progress! As a newby to the forum... where should I post it?!

Cheers,

Al

P.S. SiameseFightingFist Living on a couple of acres is great, but I highly suggest something already established! ;) We have a new house on a block that came with no services. $25,000 just to get power up to the house!!