Replacing bits for Aquaone Barracks

mumofthehoarde

AAArrrggghhhh the saga continues...

My cursed barracks was going great guns after pulling it apart again. I had worked my way up to having 3 healthy fish in it and was very impressed.

This mornings rounds gave me a lesson in cockiness....Half of the top row taps werent working. Now I know these taps get jammed up so I had my trusty bobby pin handy. But this time they werent working because there was no water there.

I pulled the pump apart and everything looked fine....it just doesnt seem to have enough power to pump it there anymore.

Anyone know how to and what with..change the taps and if need be the pump as well.

I have removed the fish from the barracks :((

yeah I turned off the bottom row as much as I could. They are the original taps and very VERY hard to turn off nowdays. So then i blocked the bottom row with my fingers...The top row is basically working now.

I have unscrewed the top row of taps and made sure they were clear. But all the taps now are very stiff.

It's possible to replace all the taps and pipes with new stuff and use plastic irrigation system taps that won't rust.....

A LFS up here has got a 24 container Aqua One barracks in their shop - must be new but haven't seen any others like it around - same containers but has 3 rows of 8 tanks...