New boy from Jodi-Lea

Wild Nut

Here’s a few photos of my HM boy ‘Sprite’ that I got from someone. He has a matching female I intend to breed with him in the next couple of months, but for now he's living the life of a bachelor.

Sprite1.jpg

Sprite2.jpg

He is very aggressive but always hides out at the back of his tank when I want to take photos.

Sprite3.jpg

He is essentially my dream betta except for that tail. It has a bit of redness to the tips I've been keeping eyes on, and he lives in a bare-bottom tank so he doesn't tear it.

Also here are some quick snaps I took of my attention hog Au Lait (Coburg Aquarium). He's a character and is 'keeper' of the kitchen. The tank he's in is a Fluval Edge I cut the top off.

AuLait2-3.jpg

AuLait-2.jpg

Interbettas according to the video. He was listed under 'Cloud Paintings HM' on the latest lot of videos.

If the female doesn't fancy him, she also has the choice of a white HM male from Patsayawan. He ate off his tail though, so not as nice as my new boy.

Lovely! I did like the cloud painting pair.

Persivere with the pairing if you can - I really liked her too.

I've got two pairs in the spawn tanks, one's been 10 days, the other 7..... it's weird-old-quiet season so it's an uphill battle (: lots of conditioning and intros (old-fashioned-courting)

Best of luck!

-Ness

Most of my HMs are tail biters. I vowed not to get another one, but this boy sucked me in with his colouring.

Mine won't touch their tails for weeks and they'll nearly be fully grown in when they rip them to shreds again. One of mine looked like he had a trident for a tail a while back.

He has nice form but he's a bit of a goose. At the moment he's wriggled his way into the middle of his moss ball.

Haha, all of my males in barrack also wiggles their way into moss balls. Looking briefly, you'd think they are already died and stuck in there, but when you get close to them, they'll wiggle out and ask for a treat <_<

Good luck with breeding them :D