Checking In

Fishycouple

Hello to you all.

im a new comer to the world of all things aquatic. big pet lover and in the past its just been dogs and birds....now fish!

Im currently the owner of a small aqua one ar380 tank with 2 bristle nose catfish, 5 neon tetra and a breeding pair of guppies (female has just had her first batch of fry).

thats been a good welcome experience to all things aquatic and im hooked!

Im currently building a new house and have ear marked a great spot for a new tank.

dimensions are 1750 x 360, so im thinking perfect for a 1500x360x600 10mm thick tank for fresh water set up....if i can find a quality second hand one...or im thinking of going custom build with cabinet....oh the options.

Im looking to do a feature with the fish tank, and it would be a fresh water set up. i have no idea what sort of fish or 'landscaping' im looking to do yet, but something attractive and a little different. If i cant find a second hand tank and set up i would look at going custom build and would get a sump filter set up.

Ive got a lot of threads to read and some homework before i move in, but any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Loads of great info already available in the various forums about community tanks, aquascaping and all things fishy. You'll find everyone here friendly and supportive and there's tonnes of experience here to fall back on.

Enjoy!