A NEW SPAWN!

Sarah

That's what I think too. :P

I've never had snails before, so lets just have fun with baby snails until I get sick of them.

Yes, do have lots of tanks to spread around.. oh, and axies do eat small snails too (will even attempt to eat the large ones as well, silly things). :)

Yes, that's a good thing. I'm actually only 15 someone on another forum thought I was 50 or something. I'm only aloud 3 :'( I currently have 5 but if dad gets in a mood he is subject to forcing me to thin them out. Don't know how he will do that as I have 4 males that need separate tanks. I wonder if coke bottles count as tanks.........

I kill 10 or so snails a day in my tank but I have ramshorns. I love apple snails and you need a male and female which is good. Ramshorns are both :o

I think we had ramshorns before I was born (have a 4ft tank in the lounge-room) so mum & dad did not seem as excited as I was when I told them my snails were breeding. They were like.. here we go again, how did we get rid of them the first time? :blink: Once I told them they laid the eggs above the water line and you can take them out if you want, it is easy - then they didn't seem to dread them as much. :)

Ramshorns are both

Crazy huh? I think some plants are like that as well. :o

Wait.. did you say they somebody thought you were 50 or something? BWHAHAHA!!! *lol* Too funny. In that case, 20 is better than 50. B)

Too bad about only being allowed three, don't worry about it - just enjoy the ones you have. Parents are funny about some things eh, but you just have to remember they love & care. ♥

I have a 3ft (165L), 4ft (400L), 33L spawning tank.. another tank which is probably about 30L or something, then three other 20L tanks, two with a divider so I can keep two males in them. I wonder if you count the little 6L divided and the hundred or so jars I have. :blush:

I remember mum's face when I told her I wanted to breed Bettas, and that they can easily have 200 +, and each male needs their own tank/jar. To put it shortly, she didn't seem that keen. But she gave in, I had already fallen in love with the fish so it was too late.. :cheer:

I've got a 4 footer (250L) and an asortment of nanos. I have some tanks for breeding in the shed but I can't set them up. I think Shadoh is borrowing my black dragon HmPair tos spawn soIts not that bad. I told dad I was getting rid of my nanos and keeping the 4 foot and getting 2 6 footers he wasn't happy. I wander if bettas could be breed in ponds.............

Edited by Matt_95

Maybe I could breed some in my frog bit tub or the vesuvius tub when i set it up......

I wasn't aloud the 6 footers. I was looking at the pool this afternoon and wishing I could breed bettas in there. I can imagine the add:

FS Bettas

I have a few varieties of bettas for sale $10ea.

Bring: containers

Swimmers

snorkel

Pick up only

That would be alot of fun haha. If I could have as many tanks as I want in my roon I would get a loft bed with tanks underneat and keep my clothes in the cabinets :D

Ahhh... see, we can't have a pool - Dad won't get one. We have had a few of those blow-up family ones, but they only go to your thigh. Better than nothing, and they do cool you down, but it popped at the bottom.

*lol* That would be so fun! I can imagine the ad. Hey, you already have a filter, and there is plenty of room you probably won't even have to do water changes!

A loft-bed would be pretty cool, very country-like (I love country stuff).