And now for something new....

GoldenGirl13

Yep! You all read it correctly... I now seem to be breeding Dragonflies!! :blink: Every fish, plant, rock, piece of driftwood and scrap of substrate in the 3ft has been quarantined, dipped, inspected under a microscope, boiled, x-rayed you name it I did it before the tank was set up. It sat and cycled for a month before fish went in and bugger me!! what do I fish out this morning but 2 Dragonfly larvae :eek: quite large, obviously happy and healthy and not very handsome either!! Haven't seen any before today but they've obviously been around for a while. Both about 2cm long with very hard exoskeletal developement. Even Mouldybox and Miss Piggy (my Golden Gourami girls) were scared of them!! :lol: Not looking forward to finding anymore and have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA where they came from!! Ah well... just another average day in fishie land I guess :D Jo

You do know that they are carnivorous? Your gouramis are right to be scared.

Yan managed to get a damselfly nymph in her tank that devastated her fry numbers last year. Keep a close eye on both the fish population number and for any more nymphs!

Ps @ golden girl's name... Hahaha but also eeww! Isn't there some sort of cream for that?

Edited by paul

Thanks for that info Paul. In the back of my mind I did know but was just so taken aback by the find that it didn't really register. Will now have to upset my babies I think by doing a thorough search of the tank :censor:, thanks to heavy planting that is going to be a really fun excercise NOT!! Jo

:lol: My son named that one Paul, he also named one of my BN's Numbnuts! Although I think Nonuts would have been more appropriate as I think he may actually be a she!! :D

Edited by FlameDragon