Female Betta Tail Types

Sarah

I have a CT female Betta (named Cherry), she was in a divided tank next to another female (named Honeydew). Anyway, I brought Honeydew at the LFS. She was in a female tank which had about 20 or so females in it. I always thought she was a VT, although never really thought much about it.

Anyway, these two females were flaring at each other. Cherry's (CT) has a spiky-ish caudal fin. When watching them, I noticed that Honeydew (VT?) also had a slightly spiky appearance. Could she be a CT too???

Here are a few videos. You can't see what I mean very well (how is it you ALWAYS miss whatever you are trying to get, and then see it when you don't have a camera or something)!?

NOTE: Cherry (CT) is on the left, and Honeydew is on the right (or middle).

Also, Honeydew has recently had SBD, so she is still a little "out of it". :alright: (I comfort myself :P).

Honeydew & Cherry

My link

Does anyone happen to have a guide or something about telling the difference between tail types on female Bettas?? :anyone:

I was told that Cherry (one on the right) was a CT! I paid $20 for her, and $10 for Honeydew! Really do you think so!

I'm pretty unhappy now, the store I got Cherry isn't any good either. I got Cherry along with a CT male, and another "CT" female (who was killed by the red male you may have been able to see in the videos.

:protest::rant: Oh, I should have paid more attention! At the LFS where I got Cherry, there was a CT female tank, and a VT female tank, though that one was empty. :(

Thank you for your reply Yan.

I was also thinking maybe cT, but wasn't sure (as you can see I'm not very good with the females).

Yaa you got seeriously ripped off.. $20 for an average female is a lot!

Neither of them are crowntail. This is a crowntail female.

Here is a good article on female betta types if your still unsure - http://bettysplendens.com/articles/page.imp?articleid=1063

Google is your friend, you can google 'crowntail female' and get maaaany images of them and see for yourself :blush:

Wow, I did get ripped off! Thank you everyone! I didn't like that shop at all, and wasn't going back anyway, so now that I know this, I'm REALLY not going back!

Honeydew and Bilberry I got from a different shop, and they just said female. I did think they are VT any ways.

This is Bilberry:

My link

My links

Blueberry IS a CT male. Got him from the LFS which I don't like. <_<

The LFS which told me they were "CT" at, I got another female Apple. She was killed by one of my males. :byebye:

Anyway, I don't really have any good pictures, but one you can CLEARLY see CT-ness! She was a red cambodian, and would have to be one of the cutest CT Betta's around. She loved her bloodworms, and will gladly eat them, but when given flakes, it looked as if she were sighing, them eats the flakes slowly; giving me a look with each mouthful. :) Funny how each Betta has their own personality's! And people say they are boring little animals with no minds, except for the memory of a goldfish, etc, etc... :((