guppy compatibility

Masquerade

hi. i have a lovely 65L planted tank in my room, its very nice but i think it needs a spot of colour, i want some male guppies to spruce it up but im not sure if im overloading the tank or not.

At the moment i have

2 bolivian rams/butterflies

4 neon tetras (i am sick to death of tetras)

1 small BN

1 loach/algea eater/chinese sucker thingie

1 female dwarf gourami

I have a bit of an algea problem at the moment so im going to fix that up first, might take a few weeks so ive got plenty of time.

I was only thinking of getting 4 or so, so i dont think the tank will be overloaded, but my butterflies and bn are still growing so im not sure. feel free to just fling advice at me, im no expert. :)

Mine get along just fine in my 3.4ft tank. If that helps. I did have 6 bolivians but only 1 survived. They all go along well though. I don't think a few male guppys would overload the tank at all. Just don't get any females or it will turn into LOTS of guppys very soon lol

Ive got 2 blue rams in my 100lt planted tank

with a heap of small guppys the rams dont pay them any attention

in fact the only thing the male blue ram even looks at is my veiltail dragon

and they take turns chasing each other round the tank :)

Rams = cichlids .... will play nice but if you have a pair and they decide to breed.... it can be a case of no more Mr Nice Guy/Girl.... and guppies can be tasty.....

If your 65litre tank has GOOD filtration there shouldn't be any probs with adding 4 or 6 guppies....

I did hear they would get territorial, but i think both of mine are female, they have really yellow/pinkish coloured bellys, quite pretty really. Are the rams fin nippers? Cause if they are i'll just get some fancy tetras, i was planning on getting some fancy tetras last time i restocked but my dad went and bought a bunch of neons while i was at school :wacko: I think my dwarf gouramis ate them.

My filter is one of the built in sets. the water gets sucked in through vents on one side of the tank goes through three sponge thingies and out through a spray bar. The instructions say that it has an under gravel filtration system as well but theres no way to open that part up so i dont know if its any good.