Vale Ramseysplendens

holycow

it was quite a short life, suspect he was about 16 months old when he passed away. he was bought for me as a valentine's day present. he only lived to see one other valentine's day.

i knew the end was approaching as he hadn't eaten for the last few days. his movements were slowing, his appetite was diminished, and he no longer greeted me with his morning breakfast charge. on his last day, once more he refused his breakfast but he was still alive. however, upon returning in the afternoon, found the poor fellow on the bottom of the tank, his face wearing that vacant stare. RamseySplendens was alive no more. had he used his diminishing strength to say 'good-bye'? did he wish me not to witness his dying moments and death? he hid his visage when he was afflicted by pop-eye; was he ashamed of his distorted appearance? was he saying 'don't look at me!'?

he had survived major falls, disease, the cold, his master, however, Ramsey was unable to elude time. with great sadness, Ramsey was removed from his home and laid to rest under a tree. he will be fondly remembered and greatly missed.

vale RamseySlendens!

That's so sad :)

There is something very special about your very first Betta... apart from being the one that get's you hooked into this hobby, he's the 'guinea pig' that when you get it all wrong, still forgives you.

That indeed was a lovely tribute.