Hi From Tassie

Guest nailartjess

Guest nailartjess

hi, I am Jess and I am from Tassie, I am just getting back into guppies as a small hobby as I keep cichlids moreso. I also keep Betta's. I picked up some cold water guppies the other week and that is why I have decided to keep guppies again and come here. Am looking for some info on keeping cold water guppies as I have never seen them around before. I am a full time mum of a 6yo boy and a 3yo girl. I am also a fully qualified nails technician and work from home doing the odd job. So that is me in a nutshell :)

Hi Jess. Welcome to the forum. Cold water guppies? Interesting. Where did you get them? Are they a different species? Or from a different location? Are they really guppies or a different type of livebearer able to live in cold water? Or are they normal guppies that have been acclimatised to lower temperatures? How cold is cold? Got any pics?

Guest nailartjess

Hi =)

Well apparently I have been informed by one of my very well known shop owners that there is no such thing as cold water guppies. The ones I have are just ur normal guppy that apparently have been bred and acclimatised in cod water but still cannot really stand to be in water any lower than 18deg so they arent really that cold of water are they. I ended up getting a heater for the tank anyway as being in Tassie keeping the room that warm in winter is pretty difficult at times overnight :)

Archived