Id, Please?

Ghengis

Found this little chap (or chapette) a few weeks ago. I haven't really too worried about it, tbh. Until it started to self pro-create.

Now I have maybe five or six...

IMG_1206_4_1.jpg

IMG_1205_3_1.jpg

I have a decent amount of algae for it/them, but they don't actually seem to be doing much, but burrow around the substrate.

ID??

could be this snail:

Malaysian Trumpet snail (Melanoides tuberculata) - These snails are beneficial to planted tanks and will stir up the gravel. These are livebearing snails and are omnivorous. They have a conical brown colored shell and will burrow in the substrate. These snails will burrow during the day, and come out at night.

also the pic of it looked like yours

I dislike them. No real reason. I just don't. Snails add to the bioload of the tank.

These come out at night mostly. You can lay a trap for them by putting some zucchini in a shallow container. After the lights have gone out for an hour or so, fish the container out and you'll be able to remove some of them. You'll have to keep doing this until the numbers go down. Sera make a snail trap that provides entry but no exit for the snails. If you can get one of those it would be more efficient and you can catch more in one go.

Archived