O M G

jusdeb

Can you believe the luck Im having with these import Guppies???

First I suck one male up the gravel vac resulting in death on Monday .

Today after noticing the Moscow Blue girl had a suspicious white , ribbony and segmented thing coming out of her bum thought Id better take the trio out and put them in a avitrol bath .

As soon as I put the net in the tank to catch the first girl the boy turns on his side and dies. I swear I didnt touch him.

I just looked at him in disbelief . OMG .

Even my sooky spoilt fighters are tougher than these fish. Luckily I have a couple of fry colouring up nicely. I just hope their not as wimpy as their father.

Unreal..My red grass girl croaked overnight..OMG OMG .

DEBS GUPPY GRAVEYARD. I imported 5 and have 2 left , 1 looks Ok the other had to be wormed because she had a huge white , flat and segmented thing hanging out of her and now shes acting nervous and looks pale.

Im going back to basics theres something Ive done wrong , Im thinking its my water so Im taking samples to the LFS tomorrow and Ill take it from there.

Meanwhile though the fry a powering so thats good.

Maybe, maybe not. Coudln't hurt to check your water chemistry but it could just be you were unlucky and got a bunch of flakey guppies. Seems to be happening a lot more lately too. I do remember reading a thing in pfk months back now about how they don't recommend guppies as beginner fish anymore as they are not as hardy as they used to be. If i remember correctly they were suggesting it was due to inbreeding or something along the genetics line. I also have to admit that the guppies that come into the shop nowadays seem to be a lot touchier than they used to be . . . .

OK I have a train of thought thats probably as flaky as some of these Guppies. It came to me when one of the fry *fainted yesterday* as I was playing around in the tank.

Could this line of breeding be so inbred that some of them have developed some form of narcilepsy and cant cope with stress or disease at all????

As much as I hate to , I think Im going to cull fish showing this type of behaviour as theres no way I want to be breeding / selling fish that do this.

Id love to read the article you mention starwing..

So does this sound too absurd or could I be on to something????

Archived