baby brine shrimp

jusdeb

Ive just successfully hatched my very first batch of baby brine shrimp .

I just need to know how often I can feed them to my guppy fry and the adults too since theres plenty.

The seller has a warning on the bottom of his page saying that too much can cause swim bladder problems so I thought Id ask.

Im also feeding fry powder and microworms and should have a vinegar eel culture next week so what would be a good feeding schedule for 2 week old guppy fry???

Thanx

i haven't bred guppies but I understand the fry are a good size when born, so vinegar eels and microworms are likely to be too small and have too little protein to be very advantageous - at least, that's what we have found once betta fry get to a size big enough to eat bbs.

bbs are most nutritious when newly hatched. within 24 hours they absorb their yolk sac and have far less value to fry. so you really need to feed newly hatched ones every day to maximise their effect.

Some people find that feeding bbs for too long seems to coincide with SBD in betta fry. I haven't spawned bettas in .. god, forever but I seem to recall that as soon as the fry were big enough to take newly hatched mozzie wrigglers, shaved bloodworms or Tim Addis food, I weaned them off bbs. I think I only ever fed it for 2 weeks max. I have certainly had fry with SBD but couldn't say if it was anything to do with the bbs - same as nobody can prove that feeding blackworms causes dropsy.

HTH?

Thanx Lilli . I just gave them some shredded bloodworm and they loved it so now Ill give them less m/worm and more big fish food. Ill only give the BBS once a day for a while longer and the fry powder.

Archived