New tank

Scrappy

I have a 68L tank that I have been contemplating what to fill it with..

I want to plant it, though Im not absolutely sure What exactly I want in it..

What is a good and easy combination of Tropical Fish, that are colourful and look pretty, to use as a display..?

I know guppys, but I want something a bit more.. im not sure what though..

Any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance!

Along with your guppies you could also put some harlequins, rummy nosed tetras and maybe some cories. But I think it would be more impressive if you had more of the same species rather than fewer of each different species.

Links to photos of planted guppy tanks for inspiration:

http://www.adaaust.com.au/gallery/gallery0.../foto013_88.jpg

http://www.adaaust.com.au/gallery/gallery0...foto024_100.jpg

http://www.adaaust.com.au/gallery/gallery0.../foto04_216.jpg

I have a 68L tank that I have been contemplating what to fill it with..

I want to plant it, though Im not absolutely sure What exactly I want in it..

What is a good and easy combination of Tropical Fish, that are colourful and look pretty, to use as a display..?

I know guppys, but I want something a bit more.. im not sure what though..

Any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance!

Well I've just been through a similar exercise.

I started off with Angels and Silver Dollars. The Angels are a murderous fish. Ate all my smaller fish.

The Silver dollars ate all my plants so unless you buy artifical plants leave Silver Dollars out along with the murderous Angels

I then got some swordtails. Very nice fish and cheap. Lost hem because I could not keep my Ph level high enough. I have since put some white shells in ther tank and the Ph levels are now reasonable but I'm leaving swordfish alone.

What did I get then?

Got 2 small cat fish, Neons (cheap - $1 each) and they look great. But I'm now a fan of gourami's. A colourful cheap fish. Cost is between $5 - 10 per fish. I like the coral blues They look very nice.

I suggest that you start of with some of the well known fish like gouramis. guppies, neons, all other tetras, or guppies.

Mollies, Platties and Swordtails are also colourful, cheap and hardy. If these fish interest you then make sure you keep your pH levels right.

These fish are all cheap and hardy. Should you make mistakes you won't be out of pocket that much.

Why not try breeding guppies? I hear they are easy to breed.

Anyway good luck.

Thanks for that guys :D Ive set up the tank..

Going to head to the LFS and get a few nice plants and hidey holes for it :giggle:

Ive been thinking.. at the moment I may just move my female bettas in there as they each have a 4L tank unfiltered etc so I think they'll be pretty happy in there until I work out an alternative setup for the girls :wacko:

LOL i would love to try my hand at breeding guppies eventually XD

Though I think I may just concentrate on one task at hand for the moment..

Attempting to breed good quality bettas.. :P

I dont want to bite off more than what I can chew lol

Archived