glass divided/barracks tanks

divy

I don't think it's fair to say someone is lazy because they work all day and they'd like to use the little time they have at the end of the day or on the weekend to enjoy their fish and not spend the whole time doing water changes. If within the constraints of your lifestyle you find using a filtered tank means you have more time to enjoy your fish and consequently stay in the hobby longer then I say go for it.

If the system you're intending to use has been proven by countless hobbyists in the past as somehow defective then you'd be unwise to try it. However, I think the jury's still out as far as shared water is concerned. If total wipeouts were a regular occurence then I wouldn't use it either. But I've been running a small shared water system for a few months now with no problems.

I have some of my males in shared water, some in filtered 8 ltr tanks, some in unfiltered 8 ltr tanks, some in beanie boxes. So far I haven't observed a huge difference in their health or behaviour. The difference for me is just that some things are easier to maintain than others.

Archived