painting internal of the tank

misfit

I have refined my barracks system (not really what i wanted but its safer) so i have ordered the glass and just about to put it together but i want to paint the dividers black so there not constant contact with each other. Being dividers they are under water and in direct contact with the fish so to speak. What is the best paint to use that won't hurt the fish. Also i would like to know what prep i will need to do and how long i would have to leave it for toxins to be released etc etc Also when finished i will put it up for all to see :(

Shannon

Why don't you use something like black perspex or something for the dividers? I'm not sure there is any kind of paint that would NOT be toxic to the fishies.

Also remember that Flaring is important to the fishies... yes if they are in constant 24/7 contact with each other SOME fish can be stressed out a bit but in my experience it doesn't worry the majority. the only problem I've had is with Familiarity and them stopping flaring at their neighbours lol, it is a natural behaviour for them to flare so why stop them entirely?

Besides being a part of their natural behaviour it is good for the fishies to Flare as it can help to build up their immune systems while it also keeps the muscles working right to properly maintain their fins, especially in fish like HMs with more finnage to hold than normal Vts or something like that I personally believe it is essential to exercise them.

If you have to divide them why not go to K-Mart and get some plastic folder dividers? they're cheap and you can cut them to size easilly and you can then remove them and replace them when you want them to see each other. I know quite a few people who use this method of carding :lol:

ty for that perspex for me is more expensive then glass cause i order it through the company i work for and we get a discount plus i already got the glass of course flaring is better for the fish and i was still going to allow this to happen (didn't really think that part through tho) I like the idea of the plastic folder dividers i will sort that out tonight

ty for the response too :lol:

Archived