Thermometer

horse_gambler

Didn't realise digital thermometers had cords. I thought most of them were battery operated. I assume the cord that you're talking about is some kind of sensor? Anyway, I doubt that bettas can inflict a strong enough bite to an electrical cord to do any damage to themselves or the cord. How fine is this cord? Why do you think they're chomping at it? Does it look like a worm? I'd place the sensor close to water flow. Temperature should be around 26 deg Celsius.

the cord is what the sensor is attached to it isn't very thick and they girls have stoped attacking it, they seem to like to try and take bites out of anything new(including hands lol) The therometer has been in for the night and has settled at 23 deg Celsius is that an ok temp or should I now be looking into a heater?

You managed to get it to 23 deg without a heater? Isn't Canada freezing right now? :lol: I'd be trying to bump up the temp a couple of degrees which probably means a heater. If you bring the temperature of your house down by about 4 deg, the money you save on your power bill will probably buy about 20 aquarium heaters. :lol:

Bettarazzi, the thing with Canadian houses is that they're all centrally heated to around 20 degrees C. So using a heater is not really needed in the middle of winter. Although it's a heck of a shock when you go outside into the minus degree temperatures

Ahh.... but it's a dry cold! :lol: But seriously, I visited some friends in Mississauga just after New Year a couple of years ago. Temp only ever went down to minus 3 while I was there. But it didn't feel so bad. I think because it wasn't windy and the air seemed quite dry. So I didn't feel as bad as I do in the middle of a Melbourne winter when it's only 16 degrees but windy and wet.

Archived