Hi I'm a new to this site.

dragonboy69

Which is better.

I've got a question it's 2 parts to this question. I'll put up some content list info. Part 1 Which of the following content list is better for Bettas in general for feeding. 2nd part Which is better for when conditioning for breeding.

Protein 43%

Fibre. 4%

Moisture 12%

Fat. 5%

Protein 38% min

Fibre 3% max

Moisture10% max

Fat 4% min

Protein 43%

Fibre 4%

Moisture 12%

Fat 5%

Protein 37% min

Fibre 4% max

Moisture10% max

Fat 5% max

Protein 35% min

Fibre 3% max

Moisture 10% max

Fat 10% max

I'll throw some names of brand of food which would you prefer or think is better

Betta Bio Gold

Wardley Betta Food

Atison's Betta

Ok - I've not gone into things in that much detail to be honest.

I feed my guys once a day on Attison's pellets when not conditioning.

I feed my pairs frozen bloodworm three or more times a day when conditioning. I also keep them carded and only allow short introduction periods to begin with, and then anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks later (depending on how the fish react to each other), I'll put her into his tank inside a clear tube (drink bottle with top and bottom cut off). I give her a chance to get used to the new surroundings and once everyone is back on the same page, I let them go.

That's the short simple version of what I do ;)

• Like 1

Carded: the placing of a barrier between the individuals so they cant see each other.

This is my holding tank - the black corflute between each holding container stops them from seeing each other

DSC_0013.jpg

For breeding, I place the male in the spawn tank, and the female in a small container beside him. I then slide a piece of corflute between them so they cant see each other. After they've had some time being fed BW (at least three days normally), I remove the card for a short period of time. After about 20 minutes, I put it back, which is called carding :) I then allow them to see each other maybe two or three times a day for the next few days, or until I judge that they're ready (comes with experience - more spawns you try, more you read other people's logs, etc) - then I put them in together. Seems to work most times :)

Depends where they come from - if they're imports, then chances are they are power grown so anytime from 3 months onwards. Most fish in Australia are ready between 4-6 months...sometimes a little earlier, sometimes a little later.

Again, experience - nothing can be rushed in this hobby, but lots of trial and error will help.

If you have a pair that you want to breed, condition them up (this is the most important part of the breeding process). Read the logs on here, ask the questions in the breeding forums, etc - and give it a try. The more times you try, the more experienced you will become, and the more the Betta bug will bite :)

The intro forum is probably not the place to continue this though...

• Like 1