Oh Great!!

I have been known to kill even the hardiest and easiest growing plants in an aquarium. They get that black algae on them so out they go. Well a couple of months ago I bought a different plant just to see if it would grow, the guy at the LFS had no idea what it was so I had no idea what lighting etc it needed. Fast forward two months and it the best plant I have had, no algae at all while the Blue Stricta I bought at the same time has long ago been put in the big black algae bin. Thinking I had found the answer to my plant problems I was all ready to go out and buy a few more but thought I would look it up on the net first to see if I can find out what it is. Imagine my joy when I find a plant that looks very much like it and the description says - Aluminium Plant - Not a true aqautic plant and will eventually die and polute the tank. :( I'm so happy...NOT

I've killed aluminium plant too. What about some thin val in little pots. If you have some of the tiny brown round snails, they keep the algae off it and the things never seem to need repotting. Or the crypts, they grow in cracks in driftwood and you can give the leaves a good wipe off without tearing them.

Archived