Planning on Starting Up A Fluval Edge Aquarium

Does anybody own a Fluval Edge by any chance?

I'm planning on buying a 22 Litre (6gal) Fluval Edge aquarium and wondered if it is large enough to stock:

1 x Siamese Fighter

5-6 x Harlequin Rasboras

5 x Red Cherry or Crystal Red Shrimp

Does this seem a little overstocked for a 22 litre aquarium? (If it is, I guess I could opt for the 45 Litre one)

And to anyone who owns one could you offer some advice on the aquarium (like pros & cons)

Also a bit off topic what plants are good/reccomended for a Fluval Edge Aquarium? I hear that the lights supplied aren't strong enough to house 'high light requirement' plants I've thought about some Crypt, Java Moss & Ferns for the shrimp but anything else?

EDIT: Also, are these tank mates compatible? I've seen some people mix rasboras & bettas wit shrimp but does it just depend on the personality of the betta?

Answers & Replies are grealty appreciated

Thanks! :lol:/>

Edited by CalicoRain

The plants you mentioned will grow great in the light provided.

I don't recommend you house a betta fish with other fish or shrimp coz bettas are slow and if their tails get nipped they can't get away fast enough and you will have a whole world of problems such as fin rot etc.

As for the shrimp they will become lunch fairly quickly.

I've had friends who uses fluval edge it's extremely hard to clean especially on top and it doesn't give enough surface with air to allow for good oxygen transfer. With that said it looks great!

I don't recommend you house a betta fish with other fish or shrimp coz bettas are slow and if their tails get nipped they can't get away fast enough and you will have a whole world of problems such as fin rot etc.

Oh that's too bad, but I don't remember Harlequin Rasboras & Shrimp being fin nippers :\

As for shrimp would it be okay if I had mor eplants to provide hiding spaces & a less agreesive betta?

Also would danios be fine as a suitable tank mate for bettas?

Apart from bettas could I substitute it for a dwarf gourami?

(Sorry for all these questions, I'm looking to create a Asian themed Fluval Edge Aquarium)

Thanks!