HELP please sick betta

Kazzabettas

i have q, i have this CT female i havent breeded with her yet as she has never like the boys i have put her with yet.... any way 2 nights i tryed to put to my new CT male btw she hasnt been around any others fish for about 2 months well today when i walk in and look at her STILL IN HER JAR it looks like some thing is eating her side just behind her fin (she cant use it ever well to swim) i was wounding if any of you know what it is and how to treat it ATM i have put her in a lil tank with lil salt and easy life please any help would gr8 as i have never had this before (also moved the male in to my guppy tank to make sure he doesnt get it)

Hey Kazza, not sure what you mean when you've said the salt is doing something, but a rapidly appearing open wound without having been injured might mean columnaris. ... do a search either using the search option in the clinic forum or on Google.... you'll see that it can get really bad, really quick. Antibiotics would be your best bet if this is columnaris. ... but they might not do anything to help. Good luck