Dragon Plakat Bettas

briztoon

Can some one explain to me why Dragon Plakats have larger bodies than many other Bettas, or are they sold at an older age than other Bettas. My two recent Dragon HM Plakat purchases are rather larger and thicker in the body than the Half Moon and Crown Tail Bettas I have purchased recently. Even the females are larger and stockier.

And another observation. My two Dragon Plakat boys won't flare at other types of male Bettas, but they will really go for it at each other. It was fun to watch today. My male Crown Tail will really fire up and put on a show against the Dragon boy next door to him, while the Dragon boy just watches him and wonders what all the fuss is about. Same happens with my HM boy and Dragon boy next door to him. But uncard the two Dragon boys to each other, and it's full on flaring and racing up and down the side of the tank, mirror image to each other.

Yeah, while a lot of the aquabid sales SAY the fish are 3 months old, I find that hard to believe.

Along with what MT has suggested, the dragon scales I noticed, take 3-5 months to really thicken up and look good.

So I'd suggest it's got to do with the colouring development, the finnage is all there, but that really thicker mature body and sligtly fuller finnage is age. (: