Pictures, Questions, General nonsense.

I had the camera out tonight and took a stack of pictures of the girls in my sorority. I had a little bit of trouble initially getting the sorority started and there were a few battered fins at the beginning but I think everyone is doing really well now. I do have a few questions though.

IMG_1111.jpg

Janet is my Mustard Gas Double Tail. I've posted pictures of her before but as the camera was out, here's another.

IMG_1168.jpg

Clara is my little Platinum Double Tail. Is this a common amount of fin damage from other girls? It's definitely stopped but I wondered if this was common.

IMG_1054.jpg

Magenta is my Copper Dragon. She's pretty near the bottom of the pecking order but her fins are actually caused by a male. Not any of the other females.

IMG_1192.jpg

Daphne is a Mustard Gas and a Dragon? That's about all I know of her. Super Delta? Half Moon? Just a regular Delta? What should I expect from this little lady? (Actually, she's at the top of the pecking order in my tank and not so little but I am still very curious.)

Clara and Magenta have a bit of fin tear, but nothing I would worry about, if the water is in good condition and they're getting fed well (as I'm sure they are, you'll be fine)

Daphne, is both mustard gas (yellow with black edges) and dragon scaled, it's always a bit hard to tell if a female is "halfmoon" or not, as there is an argument that they don't "flare" regularly like the males - unless they are carded and are displaying regularly, I believe most females are super delta anyway, they are rarely true halfmoon.... as with the males.

Daphne is displaying well here however - her ventrals are straight, her anal fin is stretched (and a great shape) but she seems to branch out with her rays to only split to 4.

From what I understand, the Delta tail is up to 130 degrees, the Super delta is up to 170 and the Halfmoon is 180 degees spread (Over halfmoon is 180+)

If you were going to breed with her, I'd look at putting her to a double tail to improve that dorsal, and the spread in her tail.

Form-wise she's nice, but I would be looking at using any one of the other 3 females first in a breeding program.

x

Hey RR

As Ness said. I would also add you caould also go DR CT ( Double Ray Crown Tail) with her as her tail seems to show this trait even if slight. With her NR (Non-Red) gene I would stay away from red fins as you will lose this traight as it is recessive to Red. I can vouch that if you put her to a light green male some of the fry will be a much deeper green ( I am working with that myself at the moment) I hope this helps in some way.

Cheers

Les

PS I realy love your DTs I have a few myself and am trying for a line of my ow. What are your plans for these girls

Edited by les

Clara and Magenta have a bit of fin tear, but nothing I would worry about, if the water is in good condition and they're getting fed well (as I'm sure they are, you'll be fine)

Daphne, is both mustard gas (yellow with black edges) and dragon scaled, it's always a bit hard to tell if a female is "halfmoon" or not, as there is an argument that they don't "flare" regularly like the males - unless they are carded and are displaying regularly, I believe most females are super delta anyway, they are rarely true halfmoon.... as with the males.

Daphne is displaying well here however - her ventrals are straight, her anal fin is stretched (and a great shape) but she seems to branch out with her rays to only split to 4.

From what I understand, the Delta tail is up to 130 degrees, the Super delta is up to 170 and the Halfmoon is 180 degees spread (Over halfmoon is 180+)

If you were going to breed with her, I'd look at putting her to a double tail to improve that dorsal, and the spread in her tail.

Form-wise she's nice, but I would be looking at using any one of the other 3 females first in a breeding program.

x

I find your responses to be packed with information. Thank you!

Hey RR

As Ness said. I would also add you caould also go DR CT ( Double Ray Crown Tail) with her as her tail seems to show this trait even if slight. With her NR (Non-Red) gene I would stay away from red fins as you will lose this traight as it is recessive to Red. I can vouch that if you put her to a light green male some of the fry will be a much deeper green ( I am working with that myself at the moment) I hope this helps in some way.

Cheers

Les

PS I realy love your DTs I have a few myself and am trying for a line of my ow. What are your plans for these girls

I do happen to have a Mustard Gas Double Tail that is a deeper green so (if I do decide to use her) I'll use her to him. This definitely helps!!

I'm still tossing up what to do with them. The MG I am definitely using to her double and I think I may use the Platinums together as well! I'm hoping to get some more in to broaden the pool enough for some wiggle room on form and what not.

I've been watching her and I have to say, that picture must do her justice because her dorsal is always up. I must have just caught her just as she was flaring or just after she had finished flaring because it's the first thing to come up and the last thing to go down. Some very good advice about her though! I got her as a single female, I'm glad to know what to expect now.