Update on my axolotl

Matt_95

Hey guys, I posted about my little girl when I got first got her, I have had her around 6 months now. I kept her in the fridge ove summer and have just brought her out today, I'm cleaning the frog tank lso so they're both in a tempory box while their substrates cool. They will both be getting a pinkie mouse to fatten them up a bit this week then back to crickets. Lilly was fed once a week while she was in the fridge at 7 degrees. She's very healthy and alert.

IMG_8091.jpg

IMG_8098.jpg

IMG_8095.jpg

IMG_8099.jpg

IMG_8101.jpg

I bought her, there is a chemical you can use but it is restrcited and very hard to get, it's also dangerous unless you know exactlty what and when to do it. I spoke to a biologist who told me how to do it... Can't get hold of the chemical unless I develop a thyroid disorder though.

Something I have noticed while she has been walking around is her tail, when she arrived she till had part of her dorsal and a very streamlined tail. Now it's nice and fat. She's definatly finished, I am interested to see what happens to her colours now. Tiger salamanders get a more intense yellow/gold when they mature more at around a year, I will be watching her closely. This was her when she arrived. Notice the tail.

IMG_6114.jpg